AMG Funds


Effective October 1, 2016, the Aston Funds family has been integrated into the AMG Funds family of mutual funds. We are excited about the opportunity to serve you with more than 100 investment options spanning the asset class spectrum.

To learn more about the Aston Funds integration into AMG Funds, please visit Individual Investors can phone us at 800.548.4539. Investment professionals please call us at 800.368.4197.

Mutual Funds
Prospectuses & Reports
Shareholder Services


Skip to navigation

See More Stories

Aug 30 2012

Morningstar - "Watch Your Step - Solid risk management can alleviate big stumbles" (ARLSX)

Solid risk management can alleviate big stumbles.

On August 22, 2012, Josh Charney of Morningstar Advisor published an article featuring Alternative Mutual Funds and the ASTON/River Road Long-Short Fund

Read full article here.


Aston Funds has no editorial control over Morningstar Advisor and the content of the article and is independent of Morningstar Advisor.

Performance and Disclosure

Annualized Total Returns as of June 30, 2013One YearSince InceptionInception Date
ASTON/River Road Long-Short Fund - N Class12.43%7.70%5/4/2011
ASTON/River Road Long-Short Fund – I Class-           1.64%^3/4/2013
Russell 3000 Index21.46%9.80%5/1/2011
S&P 500 Index20.58%10.27%5/1/2011
Morningstar Long-Short Equity Category Average8.80%1.28%5/1/2011

I class shares were launched February 28, 2013
^ Total Returns

The performance data quoted represents past performance. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that an investor’s shares, upon redemption, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance data quoted. For performance data current to the most recent month-end, please visit our website at  The Fund’s gross expense ratio is 5.08% and 4.83% for the N and I class respectively.  The net expense ratio excluding dividend & interest expenses on short sales and acquired fund fees is 1.70% and 1.45% for the N and I class respectively. The total operating expenses are 3.16% and 2.91% for the N and I class respectively. Net expenses do not include dividend and interest expense on short sales of 1.41% and acquired fund fees of 0.05%.  The Advisor is contractually obligated to waive management fee and/or reimburse ordinary expenses through February 28. 2014.  The total operating expense includes dividend and interest expense on short sales and acquired fund fees, which are not included in the net expense ratio.

The Russell 3000 Index is capitalization-weighted index of the 3,000 largest U.S. companies, representing approximately 98% of the investable U.S. equity market.   The S&P Index is an unmanaged index of 500 widely traded industrial, transportation, financial and public utility stocks. The Morningstar Long-Short Equity Category figures allow for a direct comparison of a fund’s performance within its Morningstar Category.

Note: Short sales may involve the risk that the fund will incur a loss by subsequently buying a security at a higher price than the price at which the fund previously sold the security short. A loss incurred on a short sale results from increases in the value of the security, losses on a short sale are theoretically unlimited. Value investing often involves buying the stocks of companies that are currently out of favor that may decline further. Investing in exchange traded and closed end funds are subject to additional risk that shares of the underlying fund may trade at a premium or discount to their net asset value per share. Convertible preferred securities are subject to the risks of equity securities and fixed income securities. Derivatives can be highly volatile and involve risk in addition to the risk of the underlying reference security. Investing in the securities of foreign issuers involves special risks and considerations not typically associated with investing in U.S. companies.

Parameters set by the Subadviser are not a fundamental policy of the Fund and are subject to change at any time.

The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of Morningstar Advisor and do not necessarily reflect the views of Aston Asset Management, River Road Asset Management or their affiliate.

Before investing, carefully consider the fund’s investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses. Contact 800-992-8151 for a prospectus or a summary prospectus containing this and other information. Read it carefully.

Aston Funds are distributed by Foreside Funds Distributors LLC.

Investment Advisor Services: 800-597-9704 or


Aston History (212 KB, PDF)
Capabilities Brochure (2 MB, PDF)
Aston Style Box (46 KB, PDF)
Aston Subadvisers (490 KB, PDF)

Designed and created by DDM Marketing & Communications.